Care and Cleaning of Your University of North Dakota Ring
Your ring has been carefully sized. Since temperature and exercise often affect the size of your finger, we recommend that you wear your ring at least two (2) weeks before you consider a change in the size of the ring.
Even the purest of gold or silver jewelry will tarnish or discolor if subjected to harsh cleaning materials, acids or alkalines. Your ring will return to its original lustre if polished with a good jewelry cleaner or washed with mild soap. Finish by buffing with a soft cloth.
- To preserve the beauty and lustre of your ring, clean it with mild detergent in lukewarm water and then rinse. Dry with a soft cloth. Do not use any brush, sharp instruments or rough cloths for cleaning.
- To protect your ring from permanent damage and discoloration, avoid any contact with mercury or harsh acids. Be sure to remove your ring before coming into contact with these harmful chemicals.
- To safeguard against breakage or nicks, always remove your ring before engaging in sports or heavy labor. Quality gemstones and precious metals cannot withstand abuse of this nature. Treat your ring as you would any fine jewelry. When removing your ring, store it carefully and do not leave it unprotected.
- An extremely small number of people may have a reaction between their skin oils and quality jewelry products which results in a black colored smudge on their skin. This condition can generally be avoided by cleaning jewelry more frequently as described above.
The Herff Jones Warranty
For the lifetime of your ring.
Your ring, given reasonable care, will endure a lifetime. Thus we
make the following warranty. Herff Jones fully warrants both the
ring and simulated gemstone to be free from defects in workmanship
and/or material for the lifetime of the ring. If your college ring
cannot be repaired or replaced under these terms, a refund will be
allowed. In addition, the following services will be performed at
- Resize ring
- Replace broken or defective simulated stones
- Restore original finish of ring
- Change curriculum degree or date of graduation
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also
have other rights which may vary from state to state. To make a
claim under this warranty, contact your local Herff Jones Sales
Professional or write to:
Herff Jones, Inc. Warranty Services Dept.
Herff Jones Center
150 Herff Jones Way
Warwick, RI 02888
Please note: Not all services are provided for all schools.
For championship orders, military academy orders, or college rings
purchased prior to July 1, 1983, please contact our Warranty Services Department.
Printable Warranty Claim Form